As the mother of the bride or the mother of the groom, your loved one’s wedding day is going to be a very special and memorable experience for you and you want to look your best for the big day – after all, you will be playing a very big part in their special day.
You may think that unlike the bridesmaids and the groomsmen, your outfit doesn’t really need to tie in with the overall theme of the wedding but you shouldn’t overlook how important your wedding outfit is as ensuring that what you wear on the big day not only looks stunning on you but is also co-ordinated with the bride and groom and in-keeping with the colour scheme of the wedding will really make a big difference on the day.
Here are some top tips to help you find the perfect mother of the bride or mother of the groom dress, which will really compliment the bride and groom on their big day.
- You will probably already know what the bride and bridesmaids will be wearing on the day, or at least have an idea of the colour scheme for the wedding, so bear this in mind when you are choosing your dress. For example, if the bridesmaids are in purple you might consider selecting a cream or gold dress which will really set off the bridesmaids and the brides dress in the wedding photos – choosing a bright blue dress instead may even clash with the purple and this could lead to some rather unflattering photos.
- Consider mirroring the bridesmaids’ dresses in terms of the style and cut of the dress you choose. Selecting a dress that is a similar length and style to the bridesmaids will really help to compliment you both in the pictures.
- As much as the colour of your dress should tie in with the colour scheme for the wedding, you still need to select a shade that suits your hair colour, eye colour and skin tone in order to really stand out and flatter yourself on the big day. For more information on what dress colours work best with your natural colouring, download Coco Fashion’s great free report on “How Best To Accessorise Your Wedding Outfit”.
- Although your wedding outfit still needs to suit you and your style, it is a good idea to consider what the bride would like to see you in. After all, it is her big day and she will probably have organised everything down to the very last detail – so do take her comments and suggestions into consideration when shopping for your dress together.
- As the Mother Of The Bride and the Mother Of The Groom you should talk to each other and consult about what colour and style you have chosen so that the pair of you don’t clash on the day. The dresses don’t have to be exactly the same colour or style, but just as you should take into account the length and cut of the bridesmaids’ dresses, you should also consider how you will complement each other.
Coco Fashion have hand-picked a great range of unique and elegant mother of the bride and mother of the groom dresses from a whole host of top European designers, so pop into our boutique in Benfleet, Essex or view our range online today at www.cocofashion.com.